Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Sunday 10 March 2013

Review-Hourglass Foundation!

Hey Everyone! :)

Since I hadn't posted anything since Thursday, I thought I would do two posts today to make up for it! So right now, I'm going to be doing a review on the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation.
Now, I bought this foundation when I visited the US, specifically New York. I went last May and I was looking for a foundation that I could use for prom. I wasn't knowledgeable about make-up, or anything at the time, but I knew that Sephora was great for make-up, so I went in and started looking around. A guy ended up helping me, and I basically asked him to help me to find a foundation that was good for oily skin and stayed on for a long period of time. He recommended this foundation, because he said it was great for oily skin and that it was a two-in-one foundation, since it was a liquid/powder one.

I used this on the day of my prom, and I thought it was okay, like my pictures came out nicely and it stayed on throughout the night. After prom, I kind of put it in my cupboard and didn't think about it again. I thought that since I bought it for prom, I couldn't use it anywhere else, because it would be too heavy! 

A few months ago, my mom reminded me about this foundation and kind of admonished me, because I spent $50.00 on it and only used it once :p. So I pulled it out for a a big family dinner, and was so impressed with the results.





Pros:

This foundation is amazing because it's mattifying, so it keeps my face shine-free all day, it is easy to apply and it looks really good in pictures. This foundation doesn't require a foundation brush or anything, so depending on what kind of coverage I want, I squeeze 1-2 pumps out on my hand and apply it on my face using my fingers. I then blend it out on my face, and on my neckline and then go to my concealer. The best thing about this foundation is that I don't need to set it with a setting powder. It starts out liquid and kind of feels powdery once you start putting it on your face, so it has both elements in it! My face literally stays matte all day, and although my skin has tons of blemishes on it, it looks smooth, and blemish-free in pictures! This is slowly becoming a favourite, and I've been using this and the Revlon Colorstay!

Con:

There isn't a list of cons with this foundation. The only thing that I don't like about it, is that the colour is really weird when you're first applying it. My shade is beige, but when I smooth it on to my cheeks, it kind of looks like mud which is really odd to me. However, it then goes to match my skin colour when I blend it in!

That is going to be it for my review on this foundation! I really love it and I would recommend it to you guys if you have oily skin! It is pricier than normal foundations, but I think it's worth it, because of how little time you need to apply it, and how long it lasts! I'm thinking of buying the Revlon BB Cream and doing a review on it, so please let me know if you would like me to do that! :)
Other than that, I'll see you guys tomorrow with a new post, I hope you have a great day!
xoxo.
N


Image is from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment