Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Thursday 9 May 2013

3 High End Products I Won't Repurchase

Hi Everyone!

The title of today's post basically says it all! I'm going to be showing you 3 high end products that I have purchased and why I won't buy them again! Hope this is helpful!

1. Smashbox Eye-Shadow Trio in Focal Point

I don't even understand why I bought this product. I was in Sephora, looking for good, pigmented eye-shadows and a sales person came up, put this on me and basically convinced me to buy this. This is ridiculously priced at $32, and I think that it isn't priced fairly because the Urban Decay Naked palette costs $64. Anyways, the colour of the shadows are nice, but it isn't anything that can't be found in the Drugstore. Also, one of the eye-shadows cracked, and it didn't even crack into a few pieces (it literally shattered), so I had to throw it away. All in all, this is something that can be found at a Drugstore and is not worth the price.




2. Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Hot Sienna

I actually didn't buy this product for myself, my mom bought it to use but after a few months she said that she wasn't using it much, so she gave it to me. I think she bought it for about $38 and I love the colour of the blush, its also really pigmented! One problem I have with this product is the packaging itself, it looks kind of cheap and it is really hard to open. Sometimes I'll have to try like 5 times before I can get it open which is really annoying. I also noticed that this blush has a dupe, which is the 

L'OrĂ©al True Match Super Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum. I ran out of that blush, which is

why I don't have a picture of it, but it is very similar!




3. Benefit Highlighter in Moon Beam

I basically bought this highlighter, because I saw a lot of great reviews on 'Sun Beam' and so I went to Sephora I really wanted to buy it! Unfortunately, I got it mixed up with moon beam and when I got home I thought that I would keep it. This is something I would never re-purchase, because it literally doesn't do anything on my face, it never shows up no matter how much apply and I just think that this was a complete waste of money for me.


I hope you guys have a great day :)

xoxo,
N

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a post. Thanks for being so honest. There are some great high end products out there, but also some bad ones. Thanks for the warning and saving your readers some money!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this post! :) and I definitely agree, I might do another one soon!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy posts like this! Just as informative to hear about the products that aren't so great. I have to agree- Smashbox shadows have disappointed me too.

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like reading posts like this and watching videos about this on YouTube as well! And yeah, I was not happy at all with their shadows!

      Delete
  3. This is really great! I got a smashbox eyeshadow trio as a sample from Sephora my last order and was not impressed - their colors come out very dull. Thanks for the tips!

    Kimberly Ann
    http://trendkeeper.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete