Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Oily Skin Care Routine!

Hey Everyone!
I've mentioned a few times in my past posts that I've been having a lot of problems with my skin, it was partly because of the fact that I had exams (I get a lot of stress pimples) and partly because of my old skin routine (it just wasn't cutting it anymore). So I thought I would update you on what I'm using and tell you why I would recommend these products! I hope you guys find this helpful :)

1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel

This has been a big change and a staple to my everyday routine. I actually randomly bought this cleanser when I visited the US, because it was on sale in CVS. It was priced at $13.00 and I knew that products from this company are expensive, so I thought I would try this. I kind of left this in my cupboard and forgot about it until 2 weeks ago. I use this cleanser day and night and it has really helped to control the oil on my skin. It has the consistency of a gel, and you're supposed to wet your hands, rub it together and then gently massage it on to your face where it then turns into a lather. I would definitely recommend this product and I'm going to be trying other products from this brand!


2. Clinique Oily/Combination Toner

Firstly, I know this bottle says 'Dry/Combination', but this is a travel size bottle that I poured my toner in, because the regular toner is quite large and there was only a little bit of it left! In the past, I've described this toner as being very drying, but it's actually something that's been helping me for the past few weeks. I wouldn't recommend this as an everyday toner, because it can be stripping but if you need help with oily skin, then it helps a lot!


3. Clinique Moisturizer

I have raved about this product before, so I won't go too much into this but this moisturizer is simply amazing. It is a gel, it feels cool on your skin and it helps make your skin feel hydrated and light. I know that this product has great reviews and it's one of Sephora's bestsellers so its loved a lot! This would probably be a holy grail product for me, except for the fact that it doesn't have any SPF. I'm currently on the search for a good face moisturizer with SPF that isn't greasy and won't break me out, so if you have any suggestions please let me know :)


4. Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask

I actually bought this mask over a month ago and I liked it, but then I kind of forgot about it. I was watching a StilaBabe09 video on YouTube and Meredith mentioned this as one of her favourites and she used a light layer of this on her face after a shower. Ever since, I've been doing the same and its really been great in terms on going into my skin and bringing the dirt out. Like Meredith says, it's also cool because it looks like one of those old school facial masks that you see people in movies and TV shows wearing. One thing that I will warn you about is that there is a possibility that you will break out by using this. It basically brings the dirt out of your skin, on the surface of your face, so you might break out but then your skin becomes clear after. I pretty much have a love/hate relationship with this but its worth giving a try!


5. Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets

Last, but not least I have this little beauty. I have to credit my less-troublesome skin to this product. I always thought that oil-absorbing sheets weren't necessary and that they didn't make a difference, but I was so wrong! At the beginning, it was gross because when I wiped the sheet on my face, it would be FULL of oil, but it was nice to know that I was getting rid of some of it! I absolutely love this and think that this is a must-have for the summer!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have any comments or requests below! :)
Have a great day!

xoxo,
N



2 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting post! Really helpful, think I might have to try the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel :)

    Come check out my blog (I've just started mine) would love to hear your thoughts.

    http://cheerfulsnobbery.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm happy you found it helpful :) and you should definitely try it, it's really helped my skin!
      And sure, I'll check it out right now! :D

      Delete