Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Drugstore Haul and Review!

Hey Everyone!
I know I just started my blog and I've already been behind on posting new things but unfortunately I've been super busy for the past few days! However, I'm going to try and make it up by posting a few blog posts today! :) So I've decided that right now I'm going to do a Drugstore Make-up Haul and Review, since I've already used all of the products that I'm going to feature! I got most of these products from either: Shoppers Drug Mart or Wal-Mart. These products were bought over a few weeks.

As a sidenote:
I am a 19-year old who goes to University and I don't have a job. Since I also come from a middle-class family, many products that I talk about or review will be from the drugstore. It will be rare if I talk about a high-end product because I simply can't afford products like that, unless it is for a special occasion. So, hopefully this post helps! :)

Also, where I live, the weather has been really dreary for the past few days :( Normally, I will be consistent with the background and lighting when I take pictures but I haven't posted anything in a while and I really wanted to do this, so I would love it if you guys could be patient while I'm trying to figure out the lighting situation! :)

1. L'OrĂ©al True Match Crayon Concealer: $10.99

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! It is super easy to apply, it has a creamy texture and it blends in really well. I'm not sure if it is just the one I bought, but I've noticed that I have to rub in the concealer right after applying it, otherwise it gets harder to blend. So, what I do is apply it to my under-the-eyes area (then blend), then cover any acne scarring and blemishes (then blend) and then run a line down my nose (then blend) and lastly, I apply it to the corners of my mouth (then blend). I hope that wasn't too confusing! :P I definitely recommend this because it is a great product and it isn't expensive either.



2. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: $14.99

I bought this product from the recommendation of MissGlamorazzi on YouTube. Although she used this product in a lot of her summer videos, I really liked the way it looked. Also, I read reviews on this and many people said that it really helped their oily skin look matte. Since I have super-oily skin, I really wanted to try it. I was actually talking to my cousin from England the other day and she told me that it had been discontinued there! So hopefully if you guys still want to get it, its still there!



3.  Revlon Powder Blush in Berry Rich: $13.99

Firstly, I do not recommend this product. I have never bought blush before and I was at the store and saw this blush. I thought that the colour was gorgeous and that it would be great for someone who was first starting out with wearing blush. Unfortunately, there are few samples at the drugstore, so I bought this thinking that it would be good because I have heard and read great things about Revlon's blushes. However, this blush is un-pigmented and it is very hard to apply. Therefore, I will definitely not buy this product again :(


4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Fresh Beige: $17.99

To start with, I know that I'm probably the last person to buy this foundation and do a review on it. Before I bought this foundation, I was using another foundation that I had bought for my prom last year and even then, I was only using it on the weekends because it was so expensive. I have seen countless YouTube videos with people raving about this foundation and I agree with everyone. This is great because it has a formula for combination/oily-skin and like I said before, I have oily skin so this is very helpful for me. Also, this foundation has amazing coverage! I have a lot of acne scars and a few pimples that like to come once in a while, and when I'm wearing this, you can hardly tell that I have so many blemishes! What I love about this is that it has such a great variety of shades that it's easy to match one with your skin. (I bought 250: Fresh Beige). I apply this foundation by getting a make-up sponge ( I bought a pack of 30 from Wal-Mart) and running it under a light-running tap. After the sponge is damp, I pour a nickel-sized amount on to the sponge and then dab and blend the foundation on my face. I definitely recommend this foundation to everyone!



5. Maybelline Rocket Mascara in Blackest Black: $7.99

I absolutely love this mascara. My lashes are naturally curled, so when I look for a mascara, I tend to look for ones that are volumizing or lengthening. I saw that Maybelline came out with a Mascara, and since I love their products, I decided that I really wanted to try it. This product is so amazing when it comes to lengthening and thickening your lashes that I recommend it to everyone! The only downside of this product is that its hard to remove. It might just be me, or my eye make-up remover but I find that it takes me a long time (and a lot of remover) to get this off of my lashes. One beauty tip that I recommend is to use Baby Lotion. This sounds really weird, but Johnson and Johnson's Baby Lotion is a great eye make-up remover! I just put a pea-sized amount of it on a tissue or a cotton swab and it removes any make-up that I have on! So, I would say that if you're going to buy this, make sure you have a way to take it off!



6. e.l.f Natural Eye Palette: $6.99

Before I bought this, I had been wanting to try e.l.f. cosmetics for a long time! Since e.l.f isn't readily available in Canada, I was considering ordering a few of their products on-line. Around Christmas time, I was shopping in my local grocery store and I saw this palette. I'm not the kind of person who's really into eye-shadows and I definitely prefer a more natural look. So, when I saw this, I thought that even if the eye-shadows turned out to be really cheap, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal since it was only seven dollars. Since then, I have never went back. This palette is so amazing that I wish I had bought a few of them, just in case they are discontinued or something. Surprisingly, the shadows are SUPER pigmented and they last all day! I was not expecting this at all, but I am pleasantly surprised. I hope that e.l.f becomes more readily available, because I am a fan now!



I hope you guys found this post helpful and I apologize again for the lighting! I am going to try to put more posts up soon!
xoxo,
N

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
 Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

This seems like a really random quote, but I remember reading it in 'The Series of Unfortunate Events' and I really liked it! 



2 comments:

  1. I wanted to ask where you got the ELF products. I'm also from Canada and have had such a hard time trying to find it. Have you tried any of their other products? I also love finding people who blog from Canada!! Yay exciting!!

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I actually got the ELF eyeshadow kit around Christmas-time from Superstore! I'm not sure if there are any Target stores opening near you, but I know that the one that is opening near me in April is going to have ELF.
      I actually just put in an order on ELF's website, so I will be doing a review on that soon! :) They always have amazing specials/deals so you should check it out!
      And I really like your blog, I just checked it out! :D I love finding people who blog from Canada too!

      Delete