Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Monday 25 February 2013

Oscar Favourites 2013!

Hey Everyone!
I hope you all are having a good day so far! :) As everyone knows, the Oscars were last night and I surprisingly stayed back to watch them after the red carpet special! I thought the show was really well done and the dresses and gowns were stunning! Today, I'm going to show you my favourite looks and explain why!

1. Jennifer Aniston

I thought Jennifer Aniston looked absolutely gorgeous. A lot of critics were saying that it wasn't exciting enough and that Jennifer has already worn dresses like this, but I loved it. The colour and the cut were simple, yet elegant. Her hair looked amazing, as always and I like how there wasn't a piece of standout jewelry, the dress did most of the talking! Of course, Jennifer Aniston's fiancee, Justin Theroux wasn't bad arm candy either! ;)



2. Adele

As a singer, I like Adele, but I don't LOVE her. Her performance and look yesterday was amazing though. Adele had such a fresh, glowy face and her gown looked perfect on her. The fit was amazing and she dressed well for her body type. Her hair also complemented the outfit. Overall, Adele looked stunning.


3. Amanda Seyfried

Where do I start with this dress? The colour, the detailing, or the halter neckline? Amanda looked posititively heavenly in this. Normally, I might not have liked this dress, but she pulls it off so well and the colour complements her so well that I LOVE it. Also, her up-do and the lace detailing on the dress was so elegant that my draw literally dropped when I saw her.


4. Jennifer Lawrence

I'm probably the last person to rave about Jennifer Lawrence's dress, but I can't help it! Jennifer Lawrence looked so beautiful and sophisticated that I almost forgot how down-to-earth and hilarious she is. The necklace was unique and helped pull the look together as well. With the five-foot diameter that she had to deal with while walking around, I don't blame her one bit for taking a spill as she was accepting her award! 


5. Zoe Saldana

Zoe Saldana's dress was totally unexpected and refreshing for me. The detailing at the top and the belt were so different, yet they looked really great together. I loved how she chose something different from a gown and she really pulled it off!



6. Jenna Dewan-Tatum

Oh my goodness, I couldn't stop looking at Jenna and her delectable husband Channing, once they came on the red carpet. Jenna's skin was flawless, her hair was gorgeous and I love how she embraced her bump, instead of hiding it by wearing a loose-fitting gown, or a dress with an empire-waist cut. Pregnancy definitely suits Jenna.


7. Reese Witherspoon

Reese looked fabulous! The colour of her dress was beyond beautiful, and its one of my favourite colours! The cut, the fit, I could go on naming the reasons why she looked so amazing. Her hair was also stunning, it was so smooth and voluminous that I was just sitting there wondering why I couldn't have hair like that! It's so hard to believe that she has a little baby waiting for her at home! I also like how she chose her dress with her daughter, Ava, I thought that was really cute!

8. Jessica Chastain

To be honest, I haven't seen a movie with Jessica Chastain in it, but I am definitely going to watch one now! If I had to describe her look using as few words as possible, I would say; Old Hollywood Glamour. Chastain really emulated the 'Old Hollywood' look with her curls, her make-up and her dress! I loved this look so much!


*All of these images are from People.com.

I hope you guys have a wonderful day, I will try to do one more post today, since I will be busy studying for my midterm tomorrow! Please comment below and let me know who you liked and if you think I missed anyone on this list!

xoxo,
N


LOL this was me last night when I was watching the Oscars!

Image is from here.






No comments:

Post a Comment