Follow me! :)

Twitter: Nida_Ahmadd
Instagram: NidLid786
Tumblr: n-ahmadd.tumblr.com

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Rose Water as a Toner?

Hey Everyone!
Hope you all are having a good morning! :) Today, I'm going to be talking about using rose water as a toner for you face after you've washed it. I first heard about this tip in the summer, when I was breaking out and I didn't know what I was doing wrong. It turns out that the toner I was previously using (Clinique Toner for Combination Skin) had alcohol in it, and that was drying my skin out! Now that I know this, I suggest trying to buy a toner that is alcohol-free, otherwise it can dry your skin out, causing your body to produce more oil in the face area, which leads to pimples.




Before I wrote this post, I researched the benefits of using rose water as a toner, and I can personally attest that all of these reasons are true!

  • It smells heavenly
  • Gentle on your skin
  • 100% Natural
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • It's inexpensive
My Experience:
First off, I started by going to my local supermarket and I bought a bottle of rose water. I tried to find the company/picture online but I couldn't find it! So basically what I would recommend, is to go a store like Bulk Barn and make sure that in the ingredients, there are no chemicals or alcohol (my label literally said: Ingredients-Rose Water). You can also make your own, but I was too lazy for that :P. So, I'll leave a link below if you would like to make your own.

Next, I bought a spray bottle from the dollar store, just so I could transfer the water to the bottle and have an easy way to apply the product to my face. Lastly, I put the water in the fridge just to make sure that the rose water would tighten my pores. 

The main reason I'm in LOVE with using rose water as a toner is the smell. Not just the initial smell, but the smell that essentially radiates from your skin when you go to wash your face. I used to put this on my face at night, so when I went to go wash my face in the morning I was incredibly excited. The second the water hits your skin, the soft smell of roses immediately fills the air, and I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I loved using this in the Summer because of the smell and because it kept my skin so hydrated. I'm not sure why I stopped using this trick, I think it was because my rose water ran out and my mom bought me a replacement from the drugstore? Regardless, I am going to start using rose water as a toner again!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and/or found it helpful! Let me know if you have any beauty tips or tricks in the comment section please!
xoxo,
N


Picture is from here.

How to make your own rose water!



Picture is from here.

/

No comments:

Post a Comment